Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

San Francisco Ceramics.

Ceramics and graphic artist Diana Fayt is one of my favorite San Francisco talents. Moving to San Francisco in the early nineties, like many artists Diana made her way as a server, at Firefly restaurant (another San Francisco favorite not to be missed) for a decade, while experimenting with her printmaking and ceramics, culminating in the beautiful work she creates today.




Diana has also been venturing into the world of graphics and illustration on and off for the past few years, most recently creating a gorgeous 2007 calendar printed on Japanese paper, which was featured in the December issue of Domino.


Each year Diana gravitates towards different colors and color combinations, but also stands by her old favorites. This year it seems to be all about green, orange, and red, a much brighter palette than we're used to from Diana, but I quite like it. But then, I like all her work!




To keep up with Diana's newest work, gallery exhibits and workshops, drop in at her blog, One Black Bird.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jill Clarkson said...

Wow, I love Diana's work too! Great to find more fabulous design in my own back yard!

Love your posts!! ; )

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wild about these ceramics! So many things in the blog are so great, but this is my perfect aesthetic...a little bit rustic, a little bit sculptural, interesting colors, I will definitely be a customer in the short term! Really love the style.

1:50 AM  
Blogger jade said...

Wow..wow..wow! Those are completely lovely!! I can't stop looking at them. Seriously beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

7:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Unique and organically wonderful.

Thank you for introducing this wonderful artist to us all.

12:36 PM  
Blogger kim. said...

I'm with everyone else...LUUUUUV!!!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are stunning!

2:01 PM  
Blogger sfgirlbybay said...

I'm so glad you all love Diana's work - I was so happy to share it!

2:02 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

yay! i heart diana!! :D

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.