Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Nesting Instinct.

Depending on how you look at it, it's either really fantastic, or a dreaded curse to live as close as I do to the Fillmore Street Shopping District. There are so many lovely local boutiques on this block that one could presumably shop from dawn to dusk and stop in between for coffee ten times, eat a few meals and never hit the same cafe or shop twice. I kid you not. And one of my very favorite haunts is Nest. Nest is quite like a French Flea Market with a little Moroccan Street Market thrown in for good measure. Lots of fun ethnic looking accessories with loads of unique flair.


Nest has the most beautiful vintage furnishings and accessories, gorgeous glassware, soaps and candles, colorful, bohemian and luxurious bedding, pillows and throws of French, Moroccan, Indian, Chinese ethnic styles. If you've got an eclectic eye, you'll love visiting this shop. Although it's not inexpensive, just wandering around you're sure to gain inspiration, and there's always a few lovely things I find I can afford.



Everything in the shop is unique and very often, handmade. Among flowing caftans and beaded slippers you'll find antique chandeliers and ornate bird cages, lots of kitschy Parisian knickknacks, jewelry, travel books and souvenirs, as well as handmade bags and jewelry. All gathered on buying trips from around the world including Paris, London, the Far East and even our local Alameda Flea Market, where I've have seen the owners leaving with their cart piled high with gorgeous pieces I missed just to catch a few more zzzzz's. Nest is definitely one of those places that's has nothing to do with 'need' and everything to do with 'want'. Lots of luxuries for those days when you need a little gift to yourself. Go on, you deserve it. Visit Nest at 2300 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, 94115 • 415-292-6199





4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

To think I lived an entire year in SF and didn't know about this place. No wonder my nest was a mess.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on nest. I only allow myself entrance to said store as a reward for keeping doctor appointments at CPMC. It also makes up for the lamentable loss of Fillamento in that neighborhood. I have a similar tempting neighborhood jewel in North Beach. Any guesses? Aria. Don't get me started..
A question for you: How do you edit your apartment? How do you store your purchases when not on display? From visiting your usual blog it looks like you have my aquisitive tendencies but your look is so clean interior-wise. My place looks like the Collyer Brothers. Any tips? Maybe a topic to be covered when you get back to SFGBB.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nest is the one store I have to visit anytime I'm in SF. You're description of it is perfect and I wish I could..live in that shop.

1:06 PM  
Blogger kim. said...

I am so glad we have nothing that cool here...because I'd be in some serious financial trouble. I would have a amazingly decorated house though!!!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.