Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Friday, April 13, 2007

Etsy Bits of Art.

If you don't yet know about Etsy, it's this wonderful online art gallery of sorts, supporting independent artists of every medium, selling their handmade goods online. There is some amazingly talented artists here and I'm always discovering something new. I'm also always surprised at how inexpensive their work is and have made a lot of great purchases at Etsy. It's one of my favorite resources for finding beautiful art and fun accessories at great prices. Here's just a few of my favorite artists.

Creative Thursday's print of original acrylic painting, Love Birds in Orange Hats. I love the titles of these prints, too.


UK based Askey creates limited edition prints of her original digital illustrations, and prints them on beautiful linen paper. I adore this print called I Like Your Shoes.

Frau Mathilda Art from Vienna, Austria's print of original acrylic painting Doglove. I can so relate.


This piece by Fifi Lapin is entitled no.57 Fifi Wears Alexander McQueen. How great is that?


I've long been a fan of The Black Apple prints. This sweet one's called Tea Time Print, but check out her other work, there's something kind of haunting about it, and I really love it.

One girl in Melbourne, Australia creates these lovely cards from vintage dictionary illustrations, printed on hand dyed fabric and sewn on cream card stock with contrasting cotton thread. So sweet.

Etsy is full of wonderful art. And although you should never buy art just because you can afford it, this site helps you afford what you love.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the mention! ;)

xoxo,
emily

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Victoria, for the link to Creative Thursday's lovely Etsy shop. That Love Birds in Orange Hats is too cute!

12:14 PM  
Blogger LeeAnn said...

I didn't know what Etsy was until a few months ago. Now I am in love! So many great treasures!

3:21 PM  
Blogger LittleDoodles said...

I really want to open an etsy shop....I love the idea of sharing work with people around the world!

6:57 AM  
Blogger teresa said...

I fell in love with Doglove and went to etsy to buy it for a friend's birthday (who has a gigantic grey great dane that looks just like the dog in the print). Sadly, it was sold out. BUT I wrote to the artist and she wrote me back the next day saying she could post more. So, if anyone is interested, she told me, "The doglove prints are avaiable in the sizes 4"x4" ($8), 8"x8"($20), 12"x12"($30) and 20"x20"($65)."

So, this is just another nice thing about etsy... you can communicate directly with the artist (you have to set up an account, but it's free, of course.)

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the mention! Etsy is a fantastic place to buy and sell, it's a wonderful community of artists and crafts-people and I am so pleased to be a part of it.
Thanks for helping to make more people aware of the fabulousness that is etsy!

1:02 PM  
Blogger sfgirlbybay said...

emily and askey - you are quite welcome and it's well deserved! i'm also happy to hear from tcarole that Frau Mitilda is doing so well, AND that she'll replenish her lovely artwork.

if you're thinking about joining the Etsy community, to sell or buy, do it. it's an amazing place with limitless talent and beautiful work!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for sharing my art! I love Etsy as a seller and especially as a buyer and art collector. I am inspired by all of these artists, and I love learning about new artists all the time! I am constantly amazed by all of the talent on Etsy.Thank you again for this post.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
THANKS SO MUCH for the mention!
With best wishes from Austria to the wide world,
Mareike

Note: Soon you also can buy all my artworks and prints at my website mareikeauer.com

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.