Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Monday, February 12, 2007

magpies unite!



Thank you, Grace, for turning over the guest blog to me for two weeks.

Unlike my predecessors, I don’t have my own blog, but I did originate the eBay and Etsy Scavenger columns at apartmenttherapy, which have become a regular feature.

I’m an inveterate bargain hunter, and both eBay and Etsy put great design within the reach of my pocketbook – and yours.

This week, I’ll focus on eBay. During the last year, I’ve hit upon keywords that have led to treasure. I'll share my best tips, as well as the names of sellers whose shops I check weekly.

During week two, I'll spotlight my favorite Etsy sellers. Most of them will be new to you, even if you’re a design-blog junkie. I’ll include my tips for finding the gold among the dross.

If you have questions or tips of your own, feel free to comment.

[Image is of my apartment, and all items in the photo but the couch are eBay finds: a teak table from the Netherlands; Heath Ceramics cup and saucer; and $3 pharmacy funnel that, $40 later, became a lamp]

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I'm so excited, sometimes I have trouble figuring out what terms to use to find what I want on Ebay!

And I LOVE Etsy! I just bought the Pearl Marmelade cards featured over at D*S, and love them, and the seller (who's a Chicagoan, like me!)

Can't wait to see more! :)

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read your upcoming posts. I spend *way* too much time on eBay looking for the perfect home accessories and could definitely use some tips on smarter searching. I would especially like tips on how to find artwork if that's possible. And I'm also on the lookout for some vintage wallpaper. Some of my favorite eBay purchases: 8 Amy Ruppel prints, a Flos three light suspension lamp, and Jonathan Adler vases (from Velocity's eBay store).

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly, your "finds" are terrific. You should have your own blog! Can't wait to see more...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.