Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Monday, January 22, 2007

hello!



Hello Design*Sponge readers!

As a graphic & textile designer, I'm attracted to a variety of visual things.
My blog highlights visual inspiration...in the form of photos, art, products, patterns, colors, and textures. I focus mainly on home design and art with a good sprinkling of fashion & jewelry...and, the occasional visually stunning cupcake.

Lately, I have been completely intrigued/obsessed with product styling...photo styling, visual display, and product images. I love the unique ways in which people present the objects they make or sell and how they highlight the product by the visual story created around it. Interesting shop displays also serve as great inspiration for the home as they show how various shapes, textures, and colors can be combined together.

Over the next two weeks, you'll see shop windows and displays from some of my favorite shops across the globe...most of which I admire from afar. It will be a visual interview of sorts focusing on shops that sell designed goods for home, stationery & fashion. Here and there, I'll throw in some other visual goodness that I hope you'll enjoy as well.

I am honored to be a guest blogger here at Design*Sponge & look forward to sharing my finds with you. Thanks Grace!

-Joy

{items in photo are my own: porcelain cow creamer received as a gift, silver flower barrette from B Jewelry, set of wooden bowls from ABC Carpet & Home received as a wedding gift, and Lena Corwin plates in back}

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to see you here! it will be a feast for the eyes for two weeks i am sure...

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this photo.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jan Halvarson said...

yay joy! look forward to reading!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see more! you're so good. :)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.