Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Friday, November 17, 2006

Weekend fun

One of the reasons I really like Karin Eriksson's blog is that she puts up pictures of her work environment and what she sees each day from her studio. Her descriptions of how she starts her days are really poetic and well...inspirational! I can't believe she already has snow there and here we can (atypically) still manage without a coat during the day!

I thought I would post a few pictures here about what my weekends are like...

Saturday morning is dedicated to the market. What I save on produce, I spend on gas, but it's worth the fun. I live a bit outside of Rome in an area where there are no farmer's markets because everyone here is a farmer anyway and they have their own fields and livestock!

atmarket



lettuce



clementine



To keep the fire going on the weekends, we pick up wood...

legna



And then I read in front of the fire (don't pay attention to the painting above the fireplace, as soon as I decide on the right design, it will be painted over! The Maglite is a must, as the power goes out often!)

fireplace



This weekend though, I will go to Florence! I will be back Monday with more mini-interviews...

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Schwake said...

beautiful view and sigh, florence! egads. i am green with envy!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautifully calming fireplace!

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.