Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tea - Gifts under $25

When I travel, I always like to pick up three things: tea, mustard, and herbs and spices. I love tea, there's just no good mustard here in Italy that I've found, and not all herbs and spices are easy to find here either. Unfortunately with the restrictions on carry-on baggage, my last attempt at bringing home some organic Beer Mustard from London in my carry on failed miserably...

I was able to bring back a bunch of organic tea and curry (from the Spice Shop) though...

Here's a small sample of my tea collection, a passion I like to share at gift-giving times. I like to find nice tea cannisters or a neat cup and saucer on e-bay or at the flea market to package with a box or tin of tea and give as a gift.

teastuff



1. Fall in Love tea by Mariage Frères (35 rue du Bourg-Tibourg, Paris)
2. Chai by Le Palais des Thés (64, rue Vieille-du-Temple, Paris)
3. English Breakfast Tea by Taylor's of Harrowgate
4. Boudha Bleu by Mariage Frères
5. Grand Himalaya by Le Palais des Thés
6. Tea box from Frontiers (37-39 Pembridge Rd, London, Notting Hill) as often as possible filled with the teas they bring back from India, but for now with Pleine Lune from Mariage.
7. Winter White Earl Grey by Harney & Sons Fine Teas (USA)
8. Teapot
9. Vintage wood serving tray
9. Camomile tea by Grace Tea Company (USA)

(I obviously can't count)

More tea ideas for gifts include a tin from Kusmi Tea (56, rue de Seine, Paris), specializing in Russian tea blends.

kusmitea



Try AtelierLZC's Earl Grey-- no need for a fancy cannister!

atelierlzctea

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Taylors of Harrogate tea caddy shown in your photo doesn't come from Fortnum & Mason. It's available on-line from www.bettysbypost.co.uk

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! You're right! I can't count nor can I read! I have so many tea tins and teas here, I got that one confused. I will correct it within the post, sorry!

kristina

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.