Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Jackie Choi

As you have probably been able to tell from my previous posts, 'nice' is a preferred word of mine to describe the designers I have presented so far. Jackie Choi is no different. Every time I see her she's smiling, and has a sincere kind word for everyone. South Korean born Jackie and her sister Lloyd, attended design school in London-- Jackie in Furniture design, Lloyd in Fashion. They both design for the company which carries Jackie's name, Jackie Choi London. I met Jackie at Salone Satellite in Milan this spring where she was presenting her Eye chair and So coat stand. I was drawn to both pieces for their shape, and the functionality of the So coat stand. The other pieces of her porftolio are contemporary and functional as well, introducing an element of personalization so that you may manipulate their composition to fit your needs. I can't wait to see more of her work be produced!

Potrait of Jackie copy



Name: Jackie Choi
Birthplace: Taejeon, South Korea
Studies/year of graduation: BA (Hons) Furniture Design and Technology/ 2003
Profession/how long you've been there: Furniture Designer/ about 2 years
Left handed or Right handed: right handed
Favorite dessert: rich creamy chocolate pudding

Sketch something you remember from your childhood.


The tube I played on the water.

Object/Icon you wish you had designed and why?
Clock stands in Canary Wharf tube station. Simple and strong feature. Good expression of city life.

The aspect of your work you never tire of?
Seeing a real product from my sketch.

One color/pattern we’ll never see in your design portfolio.
Nothing. I love the possibilities that everything offers even from ‘ugly’ things.

You’ll know you’ve made it when…
I see lots of my products being used by people happily.

Lloyd and Jackie

lloydandjackie


Eye chair

eye 4legged Eye-swivel-base


So coat stand

So coat stand


Puzzle (Maze) Shelving

Puzzle (Maze) shelving2



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.