Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Monday, November 13, 2006

Izabella Kay + Vernissage

Grace often writes about being on a budget and I can sorely empathize. I have been on a near spending freeze for months, allowing myself only the tiniest luxury of framing some canvasses I have had lying around for four years and to repair the broken glass on a couple of prints, and to frame two new items (sounds expensive, but it was only $300 for 9 pieces, one of which was 1m x 1m!). All drama aside, half the items have been at the framer's for over two months, which is good and bad. Good because I brought half home and it was like Christmas in October, and with the second batch it will be like Christmas in November. It's bad because I would have preferred to have them all at once! But oh well!


If I weren't on a budget, I would clear a gigantic space somewhere in our home for an installation by Polish-born ex-investment banker, Izabella Kay. I love the gradations of color within each canvas and across the entire installation. I saw her work a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. Since then, Ms. Kay, resident in London, has founded Vernissage to promote the work of young Polish artists. Izabella got her start first at the Bloxham Galleries (London) in 2002 and then at the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park in London (all work under 3000GBP), and took Vernissage to exhibit in the Autumn edition just last month (October 2006). Those who bought Ms. Kay's work when she was starting out are now sitting on a healthy investment. I'm sure the art of many of the artists at Vernissage will also appreciate with time as well.

Installation by Izabella Kay (Photo: from Vernissage website).

vernissage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.