Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Monday, October 16, 2006

Things that make me tick

Hi there, d*s readers. I’m Karin from Sweden. I’ll be here two weeks, hoping to bring to you some of the things I treasure around me. Thanks Grace for this opportunity!

I’m a former project manager turned potter. This picture was taken yesterday outside my workshop. This is the kind of rural calm I surround myself with while designing, making, packing and sending my work out into the world. I also have a blog which I see as my inspirations library.

Sometimes I journey away from Överjärva Gård. The last couple of weeks I’ve spent in London where I took part in a new craft fair called Origin. It was me and 299 other exhibitors showing jewellery, textiles, furniture, metalwork, glass and much more.

I thought I’d tell you about my favourite things from Origin and the persons who made them. I like meeting the maker behind an object, especially if it’s handmade. An introduction to the girl behind the skirt above is coming later today...

I’ll also mention some shops that make me tick and I will follow in Frida’s footsteps and turn the spotlight on some stunning and innovative craft and design from Scandinavia (the glass beaver lamps above are by Frida Fjellman). I hope you will enjoy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder where I could fit in a beaver. A beautifully crazy idea. Looking forward to reading!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

oh wow, the photo taken outside your studio (is that little red building your studio?) is so serene and calming. makes me wish i lived & worked in the country. although sometimes brooklyn feels like the country!

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lena - it's my neighbouring house but my studio is also a little red wooden building. from 1813, gets a bit cold in the winter sometimes...

3:07 PM  
Blogger Abigail A. Percy said...

Beautiful place to work...makes me wish I was there!;)

Welcome to the guest blog too - i'm so very much looking forward to reading it! xx

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Frida Fjellman's vulkano!
Looking forward to your posts here, Karin.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.