Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Frenchman in London


I believe I share a love of boxes with Olivier Droillard (yep, that's him above). His tables and wallhangings are all made up of a modular system of boxes, some that can be opened and some that works as a hidden shelf (for instance behind the chalkboard).

Olivier was at Origin the same week as me. We did a swap – his furniture against my ceramics – which is why I am now the proud owner of Olivier’s Blue Cedar wall hanging (above is the green variety).

The boxes are veneered in oak, walnut, sycamore and then varnished. The surface is smooth and wonderful to touch. I also like his use of colours - shades or bold mixes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this, particularly the "blue cedar" piece and the two-legged console!

phoebe

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunning work!!!! - from another box lover!!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.