Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

David's designs


David Taylor wants his work to raise questions about identity and function:
"This requires an input from those who pause long enought take in the object in it's entirety. My aim is to reward the viewer for the time they invest in looking at what I do."
His designs sure wake my curiosity, for instance the mix of materials in the tina box above - made of silver and plastic flooring. In relation to this, I just have to show you my old tina box, inherited from my granny.

Back to David again, here are two of his lights: a table lamp in silver wire and nylon cable sleeve and below that is the "baby wanton" table lamp, made in silver and silicon.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who bet "broken links" on al pictures? I can't see a single picture on the guest blog :-(

3:14 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

nicolaj

can you see any picture on any of the d*s blogs? i think it may be a browser problem...shoot me an email and i'll be happy to walk you through fixing whatever the problem is. unfortunately i'm pretty sure it's not on our end..

d*s

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.