Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

Thursday, January 25, 2007

papa stour



The shop interviews I've posted about so far have all been brick-and-mortar shops. But now a days, there are many purely online shops that do an amazing job of making you feel as if you're visting an actual place by creating a story through their imagery, styling, and photography. Papastour is a wonderful example...

1 ~ what's your name, shop name, and shop location...
Rosie Brown from Papastour - an online boutique selling contemporary craft produced by artists living and working in Scotland.

2 ~ tell us about some of the objects in your display...
The leather hand bound journal is a favourite shot of mine as it gives a suggestion of a story line whilst still focusing on the product. I also love the little black books shot (unfortunately sold now!) which shows this intricate nest balancing on the inside of a window ledge...I like the juxtapositioning. The cufflinks too, shot on an open book with the words, how much is enough...

3 ~ describe the mood, what inspired you, or what you intended when creating/arranging these pieces...
I believe it is important to see the product well which is why we have at least 3 shots of each item but in the most inspiring way possible, to give them some character. I like shots to have pieces of a story in them or to have a bit of humour.


4 ~ what are 3 objects/pieces sold in your store that you are dying to have or... you already have and love...
I love so many pieces which is why it's a tricky question. Hannah Louise Lamb's jewellery is witty and beautifully made and I'm not often seen without my charm necklace and daschund. I adore and have the bone china pod from Andrea Walsh, her work is ethereal. I would love to have one of Ruth Mae's hand turned holly bowls which are like porcelain they are so delicate, she has a real talent.

5 ~ list three things that provide you with inspiration...
I am inspired by so many different things it's hard to narrow it down but certainly my immediate surroundings. I try and create a space to work in that has images that inspire me whether they are tears from fashion or an interior or a really interesting graphic image. Certain photographers a huge inspiration, they have an eye that can capture a moment and make it alive no matter how mundane. Music is another source of great inspiration to me.

extra tidbit...
Rosie's home was recently featured in Living Etc and Domino Magazine!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful interview, especially for the link to hannah's jewellery..had seen her work before, and forgotten about it...so inspiring.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.